You may have a lot of questions when it comes to car insurance. There are plenty of insurance companies to choose from, and even more coverage choices. Insurance companies will use insurance terms that can be confusing to some people, such as endorsements or comprehensive and collision coverage, just to name a few. How do you discern which companies and which coverages to choose?
No matter what kind of car you get, you’ll need some protection. Car insurance saves the day when unforeseeable accidents happen. These can be anything from small dents to major crashes. Car insurance even helps protect everyone in your vehicle, as well as all of your precious cargo. To help you see what coverage is best for you, here are a few links to check out:
- Infographic: Your Auto Insurance Renewal Guide: Standard coverages, customized coverages, discounts.
- Understanding Your Auto Coverage: Every state has its own set of requirements for auto insurance, including the limits and options you have. There are six common coverages.
- Getting the Best Value for Your Auto Insurance Needs: There are valuable discounts you may be eligible for.
- Understanding Auto Insurance and ERIE’s Extras: ERIE customers have tons of extras that are already a part of their car insurance policy. Find out what you’re covered for.
If you’re confused about the terminology, here are a couple of videos that should clarify things:
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage [Video]: This kind of coverage protects you when you get into an accident with another driver who may not have sufficient coverage or may have none at all.
- Collision and Comprehensive Coverage [Video]: Collision insurance covers your vehicle when you get into an accident with another vehicle. Comprehensive insurance covers damages that aren’t caused by an accident with another vehicle, like fire or theft.
Exploring your coverage options and getting the best protection that suits you is an important thing to consider. You can customize your car insurance coverage so that you get the right coverage for you. For example, if you fear your car breaking down for whatever reason, you can get emergency road service coverage. Another example of customizing your coverage might be getting rental car reimbursement coverage if you plan on renting a car soon. These extras are not very costly and they can come in handy when the unexpected happens. Here is some more information about them:
- How To Get Road Service Coverage with an Auto Policy: This is a great coverage to have if you ever get a flat tire or a mechanical failure. Emergency road service can come to the rescue in your time of need.
- Does My Auto Insurance Cover Rental Cars? This is a common question that gets asked by many customers. Get a straightforward answer to this question and other questions.
- Understanding Auto Insurance Endorsements: Endorsements are a good way to add extra coverage to your policy without having to buy a whole new policy.
To look over your current coverage or to make any changes to it, please call one of our professionals at Assure America. We have locations in Weirton, Wellsburg and Chester in West Virginia; Steubenville, Ohio; Louisville, Kentucky; and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.