By Erie Insurance - Justin Metz
These days, it’s nearly impossible to turn on your television, listen to the radio or search the internet without seeing an ad for auto insurance. And every company seems to push the same message: “Switch to us and you could save money on your car insurance.”
We all know that price is an important factor when it comes to choosing an auto insurer. But making price your only consideration could leave you short on coverage when you need it most.
Here are 7 things you should consider when comparing auto insurance quotes:
- Coverage. When purchasing an auto insurance policy, you’ll have a wide range of coverage options to choose from. Basic bodily injury and property damage liability coverage is typically required by state law. Some additional coverages like collision, comprehensive and uninsured motorist insurance may also be required by state law. If they’re not, they’re available to provide added levels of protection. The coverages and the corresponding limit for each coverage you select have an impact on your policy premium. So before you compare the price of two insurance quotes, always make sure the coverage and limits are the same.
- Options. When it comes to insurance coverage, not all policies are created equal. A little research on an insurance carrier could uncover benefits you may not find elsewhere. For example, an auto policy from Assure America includes extra coverages from ERIE such as; pets, personal items and locksmiths at no additional charge to you. And coverage options like Roadside Service 1 can be added to your policy for a few extra dollars each month.
- Deductibles. Your deductible is the amount you’ll choose to pay out of pocket to fix your car before your insurance coverage starts to pay. Generally, the higher your deductible is, the lower your premium will be. When choosing a deductible, consider your budget – then get multiple quotes to see if the savings is worth the risk. Consider options like ERIE Auto Plus® endorsement, which offers a Diminishing Deductible2 (reducing your deductible by $100 for each claim-free year).
- Reputation. In the event of an accident, you want to be confident that your claim will be handled quickly, fairly and efficiently. So it pays to choose an insurance company with a reputation for excellent customer service. Erie was named to Forbes Best Insurance Companies list, ranking us in the top 2% of insurance companies. And while we don’t do it for the awards, we’re honored by the recognition.
- Service. Insurance can be complicated. That’s why every ERIE policy through Assure America comes with your very own local, independent insurance agent. With an agent, you get the personal attention you deserve from a professional who’s committed to understanding your unique insurance needs. And because our agents are independent, they’ll only recommend an ERIE policy if it’s a good fit for you.
- Discounts. Researching available discounts can unlock extra savings from your auto insurance quote. With ERIE a typical multi-policy discount3 is up to 20% (depending on your state). And we also offer discounts for things like safe driving, car safety equipment, multiple cars, young drivers and making annual payments. Related Blog: 10 Ways to Save Money on Car Insurance
- Price. After considering the factors above, it’s time to compare the price of your coverage. Getting multiple quotes allows you to rest easy knowing the value you receive from an insurer is worth the policy premiums. ERIE can help you avoid car insurance rate increases with our ERIE Rate Lock® feature. 4Even if you have a claim, your rates won’t change until you make certain changes to your auto insurance policy, such as adding or removing a vehicle or a driver from your policy or changing where your vehicle is garaged.
Deductibles, coverage limits, endorsements. There are so many choices. But you don’t need to know everything about auto insurance – that’s our job. At Assure America, our local, experienced agents can help you get the right coverage for your car and your budget. And if something bad ever happens, we’ll make sure you’re back on your way, right away. Contact your local Assure America agent to experience the difference yourself.
Roadside Service coverage (Towing and Labor Costs coverage in North Carolina and Virginia) is only available when comprehensive coverage has been purchased on the vehicle. Limitations vary by state. Delivery of gas is included at no additional cost; policyholder will pay for the gas.
2The deductible is reduced by $100 for each claims-free year, that this policy has been in force, beginning with the first policy renewal period after this endorsement was added, up to a maximum reduction of $500. In New York, comprehensive deductible cannot be reduced to less than $50 and collision deductible cannot be reduced to less than $100.
3Savings are based on individually purchased policies. Discounts subject to eligibility criteria and rates and rules in effect at the time of purchase. See individual policies for specific coverage details. Certain terms and limitations may apply. Refer to our disclaimer for more information.
4Rates subject to change if you add or remove a vehicle, add or remove a driver or change where your vehicle is principally garaged. ERIE Rate Lock® does not guarantee continued insurance coverage. Not available in all states. Limited to three years in Virginia. Insured must meet applicable underwriting guidelines. Premium may change if you make a policy change. Refer to our disclaimer for more information.
Post Your Comment